NRM on Farms Newsletter - May 2016
Here’s the latest roundup of information about natural resource management relevant to agriculture. Items of interest in the attached newsletter include
- Above average rain is forecast for NSW over the next three months.
- El Nino is in its dying stages, and there is a possibility of a La Nina later in the year.
- The equatorial Pacific is cooling but above average ocean temperatures remain around Australia and in the Indian Ocean.
- Comments wanted on a proposed new framework for land management and biodiversity conservation in NSW.
- Interesting RIRDC study on how food prices are determined in Australia, from farm gate to food product.