Local Landcare Coordinator Positions - Hay, Griffith and mid-Murrumbidgee
MLi is a strategic partner with Riverina Local Land Services (LLS) and has responsibility for managing the Regional Landcare Facilitator (funded by the Australian Government) and Local Landcare Coordinator (NSW Government) initiatives.
Three (3) Local Landcare Coordinators (LLCs) are sought to work with organisations, communities and landholders in the following Riverina landscapes:
- Rangelands (Hay)
- Irrigation areas (Griffith-Leeton-Narrandera-Coleambally)
- The mixed-farming zone (mid-Murrumbidgee, comprising Lockhart, Henty, Tarcutta, Wagga Wagga, Junee and Ardlethan districts).
Each position is a temporary part-time position (0.5 FTE, 37.5hrs/fortnight) to 30 June 2019, subject to satisfactory performance and on-going funding. Each position is ideal for a person who:
- is proactive with a community minded attitude, and has a strong interest in and commitment to environmental and agricultural land management issues in their localities/districts;
- understands the need to bring together landholders, community networks, regional and government agencies and individuals, to deliver projects that achieve environmental, NRM and sustainable agriculture outcomes;
- has excellent networking (including online), people and event planning/project management skills;
- has good communication, administration and computing skills;
- can manage their workload effectively;
- has a current driver’s licence and their own vehicle (travel will be reimbursed on a kilometre-based rate); and
- is flexible about their working hours over the period of employment.
A current driver’s licence is essential. A professional standing and/or experience in natural resource management, environmental science, sustainable agriculture and/or secondary/tertiary education are desirable attributes.
For each position, the remuneration rate is $28.50/hour based on a 37.5hr fortnight, plus pro-rata superannuation and leave entitlements. Each position will report to and be supervised by the Program Manager (MLi) with guidance and mentoring from the Regional Landcare Facilitators (RLFs), at least one member of the Riverina RLF Steering Committee, and a small local committee that represents the interests of sustainable agriculture and natural resource management in the districts that are covered by each position. The preferred position locations are Hay, Griffith and mid-Murrumbidgee (to be determined).
The Position Description and Selection Criteria are attached. For inquiries please contact Ms Karen Jamieson at Murrumbidgee Landcare Inc., telephone 02-6933 1443 or 0431-793 775, email email@example.com.
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 24 January 2016.