EOI - New board members - Murrumbidgee Catchment Management Authority
Expression of Interest - New Board Members
The Murrumbidgee Catchment Management Authority (CMA) is an independent Statutory Authority established in 2004 by the NSW Government to ensure the protection and sustainable development of land, vegetation and water resources within the catchment.
The Murrumbidgee CMA reports directly to the Hon. Phil Koperberg Minister for Environment, Climate Change and Water. The Murrumbidgee CMA is responsible and accountable for the development and implementation of the Murrumbidgee Catchment Action Plan, associated investment strategies and corporate governance compliance.
Board members provide local knowledge, direction and expertise during the planning and implementation of the CMAÃ¯Â¿Â½s programs. Board members are appointed for a term of up to three years on a part-time basis and may be eligible for reappointment.
A board member should reside within the NSW Murrumbidgee catchment area and must be able to demonstrate:
* An active community involvement and an appreciation of the diverse range of community values and sensitivities.
* Understanding of key environmental and natural resource management issues, including soils, water, vegetation and biodiversity.
* Working knowledge of land use systems and a capacity to encourage sustainable developments within the catchment.
* A proven track record in building relationships and working collaboratively with others.
A broad knowledge and practical skills in one or more of the following areas:
1. Primary production
2. Natural resource management systems
3. Social and economic analysis
4. Aboriginal cultural heritage
5. Community education
6. Conservation and the environment
7. Local government
8. Consultation, negotiation and facilitation
10. Community capacity building
11. Business administration or law
Applications close on September 21, 2007. Enquiries contact the General Manager, John Searson on 02 6932 3232. For an application form and information package please call 02 6932 3232.
Please note applications must be submitted on the application form provided (on the MCMA website) and addressed to John Searson, Murrumbidgee Catchment Management Authority, PO Box 5224, Wagga Wagga NSW 2650.